Wednesday, February 29, 2012

AMERICAN IDOL 2012: TOP 13 GUYS REVIEW


You all know how the drill goes, I'll be ranking them from 1 to 13, and comment on their performances. Everything I say here is my opinion, we all have to let it out, so here it goes.

1. Joshua Ledet - You Pulled Me Through - Great, great, great performance from this guy... America will surely put him through, and I think he's gonna make it further than what I expected if he's gonna do performances like this every week. I have nothing more to say, I'm just really happy with his performance.

2. Heejun Han - Angels - Awesome, Hansane, Great performance from Heejun there. You'll probabaly say that I'm saying this because he's one of my favorites, but no, he really did a great job connecting, and singing that song. He will surely make it to the top 13 with that, really no doubt, he would make it. Can't wait to see him perform and can't wait to download his songs.

3. Creighton Fraker - True Colors - he sang the song like it's his own. He is really unique and he has the potentials to be in the top 13. I love his style and though he doesn't have the whole package, he still did a great job from his past performances, and now, here he is.

4. Phillip Phillips - In The Air Tonight - an average performance (maybe because I got used to him being the best) but I have to say it's still one of the best, and it got me off my seat. He has a really big chance of making it to the top 13.

5. Adam Brock - Think - Who would've thought that a guy could sing this song? He is indeed a White Chocolate. His take on the song was really awesome, he added sass and he made the audience move. He really did a good job.

6. Jeremy Rosado - Gravity - I'm not really that familiar with the song, but he had me hooked with his flawless performance, though it was safe. I just hope America would vote him through the top 13, because he's being oytshined by others' personalities.

7. Aaron Marcellus - Never Can Say Goodbye - Well, I wasn't expecting that! I never knew this guy could perform like that, because I knew I've seen him, but I don't remember any of his performances before. I hope America votes for him because he did a great job.

8. Colton Dixon - Decode - his song was a little current, and so it got some people. He started his performance with a piano, and he was doing a great job, but when he stood up, it kind of got a little lost, but he got it all together in the end. He has a good chance of making it to the top 13.

9. Reed Grimm - Moves Like Jagger - he put a good twist to the song, but I don't think it was one of the best performances of the night. He did a great job connecting with it though, and he has a really great voice. I think he has good chances.

10. DeAndre Brackensick - Reasons - he sang the whole song in vibrato, but it was just a flat performance, his chances of making it to the top 13 are in the middle, I'm not sure about him.

11. Jermaine Jones - Dance With My Father Again - it was him, and he is one of the contestants who has unique voices this season. Just so-so for me. I don't know.

12. Chase Likens - Storm Warning - I'm a big fan of country music but his performance didn't really get me movin' on my hayride. I saw his energy, but there's still something lacking. He also had less exposure from the camera, and that may be one of the reasons why he can't make it through.

13. Eben Franckewitz - Set Fire to the Rain - we all know that he's young, but this is one of the songs that he shouldn't touch because his voice is just tender and young. If he doesn't make it to the top 13, and he makes it to the Wildcard, he should really think of a good song for him.

How does it go? Same with last year, the top 5 guys and the top 5 girls will make it to the top 13, and the judges will be picking contestants to perform for the Wildcard round and choose three who will complete the 13.

TOP 5 PICKS OF THE NIGHT (considering what I think they could do in the future): Heejun Han, Phil Phillips, Creighton Fraker, Joshua Ledet, Colton Dixon

TOP 5 PICKS OF AMERICA (based on how I see them vote every season): Heejun Han, Phil Phillips, Colton Dixon, Reed Grimm, Joshua Ledet

WILDCARD (If they won't make it): Jeremy Rosado, Adam Brock, Creighton Fraker

PHOTO CREDITS: FOX
Who do you think will make it through? What do you think about their performances? Comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment