Thursday, March 14, 2013

AMERICAN IDOL 2013: TOP 10 PERFORMANCES REVIEW


Sing a song covered or recorded by an American Idol winner during or after their journey on American Idol. That's how everything went on Idol tonight. It was a really great way to start the finals because we were taken back to the history of American Idol.

As you all know, the things I write here are based on my opinion. I'll rank them from the best to the worst, then comment on their performances. So, let's start...


  1. Candice Glover - "I (Who Have Nothing)" by Ben E. King (Jordin Sparks) - Way, way, way better than her previous performances, and her version was better than Jordin Spark's version. She's in it to win it, and I hope everyone sees that because this woman really deserves to saty in the competition. The performance was really, powerful, and I think she connected well with it. Voice quality, A++. She's on fire!
  2. Kree Harrison - "Crying" by Roy Orbison (Carrie Underwood) - I'll really be crying if this girl won't make it to the top 4. She also deserves a spot in the top 3, but we'll see. I was really hearing Carrie Underwood, and I'm really amazed that she was able to deliver it that well. Amazing voice, and amazing performance. 
  3. Paul Jolley - "Amazed" by Lonestar (Scotty McCreery) - One of the best performances I've seen from this guy. He has really proven that he deserves to stay in the competition. I liked the performance, and I hope he's gonna keep on performing songs like this so we'll all be able to determine what kind of artist he is.
  4. Curtis Finch Jr. - "I Believe" by Fantasia Barrino - He delivered the song well, but his performance wasn't really one of the amazing performances of the night. He didn't really step out of his comfort zone, and I salute him for that, because he was able to transform the song a little bit. I hope he'll choose something that is a little upbeat next time.
  5. Angie Miller - "I Surrender" by Celine Dion (Kelly Clarkson) - I knew she was gonna perform something like that, but it would've been better if she performed a song like Phillip Phillip's "Home" or any David Cook song. Anyway, she performed it really well, though she didn't stand out.  I think we're gonna see more of her in the competition.
  6. Amber Holocomb - "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson - I was hoping she picked a different song, because this is the first Idol coronation song, and for someone to deliver it not that well makes me feel really bad. Bold song choice, but I don't think it was the best of the night Nicki.
  7. Burnell Taylor - "Flying Without Wings" by Westlife (Ruben Studdard) - Wasn't his best performance, and wasn't the best song choice for the night. He has a really great voice, and I hope he'll be able to pick better songs next time, if there is a next time, so America would keep him in the competition. 
  8. Devin Velez - "Temporary Home" by Carrie Underwood - Good performance, but not a really good song choice. If it wasn't for his voice, the song would've turned out really wrong, because I don't think this song should be performed in any singing competition. He needs to consider a lot of things before picking any song, but I'm glad that I didn't hear any Spanish lyrics from him.
  9. Janelle Arthur - "Gone" by Montgomery Gentry (Scotty McCreery) - I didn't really like her performance that much, but it looked like she had fun. She was very comfortable up there, but I think she still has a long way to go before she'll bring out the best. I hope she won't be too late.
  10. Lazaro Arbos - "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson - I wanted to see more energy from him, and I hope he'll give us that on the upcoming weeks, because that's the only thing that'll keep him in the competition. His voice quality isn't that great, but I'm really impressed about the fact that he stutters only when he's not singing.
POSSIBLE BOTTOM 3 (Based on how America votes)
  • Devin Velez
  • Janelle Arthur
  • Curtis Finch Jr.
I don't have a hint about who will be eliminated tomorrow, but I think there's a big chance that it will be Devin Velez.

What do you think about their performances? Who will be the first one out? Please, leave a comment. Also, follow me on Twitter @RenzAlfonso.

No comments:

Post a Comment