Thursday, March 21, 2013

AMERICAN IDOL 2013: TOP 9 PERFORMANCES REVIEW


Whenever it's Lennon-McCartney week, we all are expecting some songs to be covered, and at the same time, we are surprised with the odd song choices that some of the contestants make. There are nine contestants left and tomorrow, only eight will be left if the judges will not use their save. Who did great?


  1. Kree Harrison - With A Little Help From My Friends - I wasn't really expecting this song choice to be chosen by any contestant, but I am very, very glad that she chose it. Her performance was just amazing, she showed how powerful her voice really is. Her range is just so fantastic, I really loved the performance, and I am sure she's gonna be in the top 3 again.
  2. Angie Miller - Yesterday - Her voice is amazing, but I didn't really see a spark there. She needs to connect with the song even more. I want to see the passion that I saw when she sang "Set Me Free". Anyway, I still think that her performance is top three-worthy.
  3. Paul Jolley - Eleanor Rigby - I told you Burnell! It would have been amazing if Burnell covered this song, but since Paul performed it, let's just talk about his performance... I am amazed. Last week, he didn't deserve to be in the bottom 3, and this week, he doesn't deserve to be in the bottom 3 again. Save him America!
  4. Candice Glover - Come Together - This is one of the songs that you'll surely hear when it's Lennon-McCartney week, it has been covered on Idol multiple times, and all the performances were great. With Candice, I wasn't really expecting her to pick the song, because I know that it wouldn't really turn out good, but I was WRONG. She did great, and I know she'll still be in the top 3. She was very energetic, and that's what I really like about her.
  5. Devin Velez - The Long and Winding Road - Yeah! I got one suggestion correct! And now what do I have to say about his performance? It's one of his best performances. Maybe this will remove him from the bottom 3? We'll see.
  6. Burnell Taylor - Let It Be - I was really expecting this song, and this song is also in my suggestions, however, I suggested it to Angie. Anyway, his performance wasn't that great, because I really expected a shining moment whenever this song is sung on the show. Maybe, he would've pulled it off with something faster, or maybe, he would've been much awesomer with "Eleanor Rigby".
  7. Janelle Arthur - I Will - She took on a slow song! Yeah! I was expecting a rock-ish song from her, but I am glad that she showed us her soft side. It was just average, but I am sure that she's still gonna make it to the next round.
  8. Amber Holocomb - She's Leaving Home - Not the best song choice. I have to admit that I really don't know this song. Her performance was a bit boring, and I didn't really see any spark. Her voice, however, is just amazing. So to summarize my commenet: She has a powerful voice, but not a powerful song choice.
  9. Lazaro Arbos - In My Life - I am really sorry Lazaro, but that's one of the worst performances on Idol to date. I understand the things that he's going through, but it's not just a good performance. The song choice would've turned out good if it was taken in a really different way. He should practice more with his vocals, and control it, because that might make him lose. Sympathy votes doesn't make anyone a winner.


MY TOP 3:
-Kree Harrison
-Angie Miller
-Paul Jolley

MY PREDICTION OF AMERICA'S TOP 3:
-Kree Harrison
-Angie Miller
-Candice Glover

MY PREDICTION OF AMERICA'S BOTTOM 3:
-Devin Velez
-Amber Holocomb
-Janelle Arthur

Who do you think should go home? What do you think of their performances? Leave a comment. Also follow me on Twitter @RenzAlfonso.

No comments:

Post a Comment