Thursday, March 28, 2013

AMERICAN IDOL 2013: TOP 8 PEFORMANCES REVIEW


No song suggestions this week. The reason, I'm lazy, it's really hot, and I wasn't feeling like it. Anyway, this week, the Idols took on the songs from the Motown. Overall, the performances were a bit off for me, but I'll still be reviewing their performances and rank them from best to the worst, just like what I do every week.


  1. Kree Harrison - "Don't Play That Song (You Lied)" (Aretha Franklin) - An amazing way to close the show. Best performance of the night. Kree's really in it to win it, because she delivers very well every week. I can't wait to see her in the finale.
  2. Janelle Arthur - "You Keep Me Hangin' On" (The Supremes) - I love the song choice. As for the performance it was awesome, it was amazing and it was extraordinary! Her performance stood out! I'm really happy that she didn't sing it the way it was sang in the previous seasons, but if she did, I'm sure it would still turn out good.
  3. Candice Glover - "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (The Miracles) - I didn't really like the song choice, and it was just an average performance. I'm not really sure if I liked the performance, a part of me likes it, but overall, not really. I don't know.
  4. Devin Velez - "The Tracks Of My Tears" (The Miracles) - Great performance, but I really think that the song still won't save him, because America will vote for Lazaro. He deserves a spot in the top 7, and I hope America will agree with me.
  5. Burnell Taylor - "My Cherie Amour" (Stevie Wonder) - His performance was boring, but he had good vocals. I'm still waiting for an upbeat performance from him, so I hope he'll make it... I know he will.
  6. Angie Miller - "Shop Around" (The Miracles) - First, I agree with Mariah that she should've taken on I'll Be There. Second, I am glad that we all got to see a different side of Angie. Third, that performance wasn't really great, but I'm still sure she's safe.
  7. Amber Holocomb - "Lately" (Stevie Wonder) - I disagree with the judges. She should've taken on a song that'll really leave a mark, but she didn't, so I'm sure we'll see her in the bottom 3 again. Boring performance, and really not the best vocals of the night. 
  8. Lazaro Arbos - "For Once In My Life" (Stevie Wonder) - Enough with the sympathy votes America. This guy has to go. His performance wasn't great at all, but it did help him, because it was better than his two previous performance, but I still think Curtis and Paul deserved a spot in the top 8. They're way, way better than him.


MY TOP 3:

  • Kree Harrison
  • Janelle Arthur
  • Candice Glover


MY PREDICTION OF AMERICA'S BOTTOM 3:

  • Devin Velez
  • Amber Holocomb
  • Lazaro Arbos


Who do you think should go home? What do you think of their performances? Leave a comment. Also follow me on Twitter @RenzAlfonso.

No comments:

Post a Comment