Saturday, August 11, 2012

X FACTOR PHILIPPINES: TOP 11 REVIEW - WHO GAVE US THE MEANING OF "LIFE"

Before anything, I'm not liking the judges tonight because they're afraid to criticize each other's song choices for their contestants, and they're also afraid to criticize the contestants who should be criticized. There, said it! Done!

The top 11 has taken on the stage. Tomorrow, only 10 will live and continue the fight for the 4 million pesos. Once again, it's time to review their performances about songs with "Life" on their title. Who gave life? Who told us about life? Let's begin from the best.
Mark Mabasa - BEST PERFORMER THIS WEEK;
Credits: X Factor PH; ABS-CBN
  • Mark Mabasa - Got To Get You Into My Life - He rocked it! One of the best performances of the night! He has a really amaing voice. His versatility will help him make it through to the finale. The song choice is also great because it really showed his voice.
  • Take Off - Larger Than Life - And that's what you call LIFE! Their performance is really awesome. The end wasn't really that great with them trying to scream it, but I'll say it again, THEY DID GOOD! THEY HAVE LIFE! THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT THROUGH!
  • KZ Tandigan - For Once in my Life - Another relaxing performance which made me stand up in the end because it was really good. She started slow, and with a good transition, her performance turned into something that you can dance into. A very adaptive contestant like her should stay there longer.
  • Jeric Medina - Time Of My Life - There were a little flaws, but stage presence, voice quality, and all, he's got the complete package. This guy can win the show, and if he'll win it, he will surely be successful.
  • Modesto Taran - Habang May Buhay - He stuck to what he can really do, and that's the good thing about it. It's not a song that's lively, but it's a song about "life." There are still some minor flaws there which he has to fix, but it was still an amazing performance. He deserved that standing O.
  • Allen Sta. Maria - Bring me to Life - A bit shaky, but she's one of the contenders who brought the set back to life, and who went with the "LIFE" theme by bringing liveliness in the stage. She didn't cry, and I'm glad she didn't or I'll be annoyed again.
  • AKA Jam - This Is My Life - Not satisfied with their performance, but they actually did good. Not that great, but good. They need to work on something more, I can't just pinpoint it now. They need more spark.
  • Joan Da - Gusto Ko Lamang Sa Buhay - Big transformation, but I didn't really like her performance. She's better singing English songs. Good style though.
  • Gabriel Anciano - One Day in Your Life - I can't believe that none of them said that his song was really boring. If judges from other X Factor franchise would comment on that, he'll be brought down. Your standards are not that high judges. Good voice, boring song, has soul, but no LIFE. That's it!
  • Kedebon Colim - I Live My Life For You - Yay! He chose his song and performed it average, with a little shakiness, and with his flat voice. I still don't see why he's still in the show, I hope people will realize what they're doing. The judges have to tell him what's bad when it's bad.
POSSIBLE BOTTOM 2: Joan Da, Kedebon Colim
THE JUDGES WILL ELIMINATE: Kedebon Colim

WHAT TO EXPECT TOMORROW: Kean Cipriano, Xian Lim, and this guy from 6 Cyclemind will be on the show.

Who do you think should go home? Leave a comment. Also, follow me on Twitter @RenzAlfonso

No comments:

Post a Comment