Thursday, May 3, 2012

AMERICAN IDOL 2012: TOP 5 PERFORMANCES REVIEW


The top 5 has taken on the stage with Songs from the 60's and songs by British artists. For me, this performance night is one of the best performance nights ever! They all did good, a great battle between the voices fighting for a spot in the top 4. At this point, we may say anything can happen, but there's nothing wrong about making predictions, and once again, I'll be ranking them from the best to good, and give my comments. Let's begin!

60's Hits:

  1. Hollie Cavanagh - River Deep, Mountain High - First and foremost, round 1 goes to her, second, America better put her through to the top 4 because she really proved that she's worthy, and third, that performance is now on the list of her best performances this season. She did a really great job, I'm happy for her, her pitch was perfect, I really hope America puts her through.
  2. Skylar Laine - Fortunate Son - Well, that was fun! I love it when Skylar performs like that, going around the stage, shaking, and doing little hops. She did really great, I loved it. Let's all hope that she'll also be safe because based on that performance, this girl's not giving up, well, they're all not giving up, but we just really have to listen.
  3. Phillip Phillips - The Letter - Another shoulder-shrugging performance from PP. It wasn't boring, he didn't look like he was struggling, and he did great, but I'm still not sure if that made him 100 percent safe, because he's never been in the bottom 3 before.
  4. Jessica Sanchez - Proud Mary - For me, she looked a little bit awkward dancing, and I'll also say that she needs to add a little more energy, and hop a lot more, maybe headbang even harder. Great vocals though, but Jessica's not for upbeat performances because I think she can't dance along.
  5. Joshua Ledet - Ain't Too Proud To Beg - For the past weeks, we see the judges overrate this over-singing contestant. His performance was just so-so for me because of the oversinging, I don't know America, I have nothing more to say about this performance.


Brits:

  1. Hollie Cavanagh - Bleeding Love - Both performances were great. She sang the song with great emotion, and I hope America saw that. She has to be safe tomorrow, because she is worthy and she proved it.
  2. Jessica Sanchez - You Are So Beautiful - This was way better than her first performance. She stuck to what she can do, and I think she's better that way. I may have been suggesting upbeat songs for her, but after that Proud Mary performance, I know that she is better sticking to what she really is. She did great.
  3. Skylar Laine - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - I haven't seen that softness in Skylar, and though a lot of people hated her performance, I think she did really great. Sometimes, I really don't get people, they say they're tired of contestants the same thing every week, but when they do something different, they won't like it... Just listen people!
  4. Joshua Ledet - To Love Somebody - He wasn't oversinging it at first, then he started to. It may have been better if he just kept it smooth and soft. I hate it when he oversings because he sounds like a... hahahahaha, sorry.
  5. Phillip Phillips - Time of the Season - Average. Mediocore performance. There was no spark. He didn't amke magic happen. His vocals were great, but he should've picked a song which is in his range.

Overall:


  1. Hollie Cavanagh
  2. Skylar Laine
  3. Jessica Sanchez
  4. Phillip Phillips
  5. Joshua Ledet

BOTTOM 3: Joshua Ledet, Skylar Laine, Jessica Sanchez
ELIMINATED: Joshua Ledet, and a little feeling that it's Skylar Laine.

Who do you think stood out? WHo will be eliminated tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment