Friday, March 23, 2012

AMERICAN IDOL 2012: THE TOP 10 WEEK REVIEW


First of all, I apologize for not doing a live blog this week, next week, I'm sure I can do one.

So, the top 10 has taken on the stage with Billy Joel songs, and Tommy Hilfiger fashion. Erika van Pelt was eliminated, and that really shocked me. Heejun Han was in the bottom two, as well as DeAndre, and I was expecting DeAndre toreally go, but he didn't. Now, I'm still gonna review their performances and rank them from the best to good, or the best to worst.

  1. Colton Dixon - Piano Man - Really great rendition, I got hooked with his performance that I watched it again and again over the internet. His song choice was also the best of the night, and I have to say that he's really fighting for a spot in the top three. He was with the piano the whole performance and that's what made it really cool, because he still sang it perfectly.
  2. Phillip Phillips - Movin' Out - His performance was great, same with Colton's. They both showed what they can really do. He is also one of the contestants who can stand on his own, and he does the things that he wants to do with simplicity and uniqueness.
  3. Jessica Sanchez - Everybody Has a Dream - This girl had a dream, and now it'scoming true, all she has to do now is to gain more confidence so that she canmake it to the finale. Her performance was awesome.
  4. Hollie Cavanagh - Honesty - At first, I was really scared for her because she picked this song, but when she started singing, she got me. Shes a great singer, and i disagree with all the judges' negative comments. I don't think those comments are for this performance.
  5. Elise Testone - Vienna - I'm really glad that she sang another great song, and I'm really glad that she's getting better and better each week. Next time, she should do better so people are still gonna put her through.
  6. Erika Van Pelt - New York State of Mind - This girl is not a New Yorker, but she sang it like she's one. She really did great, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her. Unfortunately, she got eliminated. America is trippin'!
  7. Heejun Han - My Life - His performance wasn't that great, but I'm gonna give points because he took the risk. It was a different him, but it would have been better if he showed us that side with a different song. He should do better next week, because Heejun is really one of the best contestants this season. HE IS A STAR!
  8. Joshua Ledet - She's Got a Way - I didn't quite get his performance, his performance last week is a really hard thing to follow. I think he didn't get the chance to sing a better song because the theme is too isolated.
  9. Skylar Laine - Shameless - For the past three live shows, she was really doing great, that she gets me everytime she performs, what happened this week? I like her, and I want to hear more of her, so next time, I suggest that she should be more careful with her song choice, but I can't blame her because really, this week's theme is just Billy Joel.
  10. DeAndre Brackensick - Only the Good Die Young - Not the best way to open a performance. From the previous weeks, this was the worst opening performance of all. It was just boring. I don't know.

RESULTS SHOW
Haley Reinhart - Free - Awesome! She's back, and now she has a single. I loved her performance, and I think she has to record more records.

Lana del Ray - Love her!

What was your reaction with this week's Idol? Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment