Monday, April 16, 2012

AMERICAN IDOL 2012: TOP 7 ROUND 2 SUGGESTIONS AND CHALLNGE


The top 7.

The save has been used on Jessica which makes this week much harder for the contestants. Well, there's a possibility that only one contestant will be leaving on Thursday because of Jermaine Jones' disqualification. ANyways, the theme for the second round of the top 7 will be "Songs from Now and Then" we'll still be hearing some current songs, and we're going back in time once again as they take a "Soul" song from the previous decades. Now, I'll be posting my suggestions and challenge, so let's start.

SONGS FROM NOW:
Jessica Sanchez
SUGGESTION: We Found Love by Rihanna - This was a challenge last week, but since Jessica is a great singer, I know that she can take on this song, so it's not much of a challenge for her.
CHALLENGE: Survivor by Destiny's Child - It's a really hard song to sing, and I haven't really seen Jessica dance (real dance), on the stage, so maybe this song can make her dance, and show her range, and make America regret what they did last week.

Joshua Ledet
SUGGESTION: If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys - I don't know why I suggested this song, but after I saw those guys perform this on the voice, I remembered Joshua, and I think I want him to sing the song because he has the range.
CHALLENGE: Apologize by Timbaland and One Republic - First, we'll see his technique of how he's going to take on a song which is outside the boundaries of his artistry, and second, we'll see how he can manage to make America vote for him again.

Hollie Cavanagh
SUGGESTION: The Climb by Miley Cyrus - It's perfect for her stand in the competition right now, she was in the bottom three twice, but last week, she climbed from the bottom three to being safe, and this time, she has to climb even higher so she can be safe once again.
CHALLENGE: Complicated by Avril Lavigne - It fits Hollie's voice, and that's the only advantage for this challenge, the other things she should do is to make it her own, rock it out, make the judges love her again, and make America vote for her.

Colton Dixon
SUGGESTION: We are Young by Fun ft. Janelle Monae - I think this is one of the songs where I'll really hear Colton sing. That's what I said last week, and I still think he should sing this song.
CHALLENGE: Home by Chris Daughtry - It's a song by a previous Idol contestant, and that's the just the challenge. We heard him sing different songs, but what about going back to the original?

Skylar Laine
SUGGESTION: Flat on the Floor by Carrie Underwood - I saw Lauren take on this song last season, and she nailed it, with Skylar, I think it would be extra amazing because she can really rock it out.
CHALLENGE: Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson - This is one of Kelly's greatest songs, and she's gonna be compared to her if she performs this song. I know this girl can do anything, but this is a song which is out of her boundaries, but not out of her range, so I consider it a challenge.

Phillip Phillips
SUGGESTION: Viva La Vida by Coldplay - He sounds like a guy who can sing Coldplay, so he should sing one Coldplay song, and I hope it's not gonna be boring again.
CHALLENGE: Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's - The song will be easy for Phillip, however, connecting with it would be hard, and he also has to show people a different vibe while he's performing on stage because he is boring.

Elise Testone
SUGGESTION: Black Horse and the Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall - I love this song, and I know Elise can nail it. It's perfect for her voice, and it's gonna show a more fun side of her. America also knows the song, and that's the deal here.
CHALLENGE: Disturbia by Rihanna - THis song is really hard to sing, but with it, Elise can take all the Rihanna fans, especially if she can nail it, and make it her own.

SONGS FROM THEN (SUGGESTIONS ONLY)
Jessica Sanchez - Dancing in the Street by Martha and the Vandellas - Just like what I said earlier, I wanna see Jessica dance. This song can also showcase her voice, and show how extra talented she is.

Joshua Ledet - Purple Rain by Prince - I'm not really sure if it's a soul song, but since it's  gospel, I think it can be counted. The sensitive side of Joshua is what I like about him, and not the "Runaway Baby" Joshua, that's all of it, because I think he can handle the song well.

Hollie Cavanagh - Proud Mary by Ike and Tina Turner - Yup, it's a soul song when Tina Turner covered the song. This song can definitely redeem Hollie Cavanagh, only if she can really rock it out on the stage and show that she can have fun.

Colton Dixon - My Girl by The Temptations - I've heard a lot of artists who sound like Colton Dixon cover the song, and I think it would be perfect for him. That's what I've been saying all along.

Skylar Laine - River Deep, Mountain High by Ike and Tina Turner - I missed her performance level when she performed "Stay with me" so let's try to bring that back. River Deep, Mountain High can definitely save her, and all of us really wants to see the headbangin' Skyalr Laine, so I really hope she's going to perform this song.

Phillip Phillips - I Heard It Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye - This psychadelic soul song may have eliminated Casey last season, but for Phillips, I have a big feeling that he can nail it, and I think he can show a different side which is not boring.

Elise Testone - Earth Song by Michael Jackson - The elements of blues, gospel and opera will really make America vote for Elise if she sings this song. I think it's one of the songs that should be covered this season for someone to make a moment.

What do you think should they sing? Comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment