Friday, April 6, 2012

AMERICAN IDOL 2012: TOP 8 STUDIO RECORDINGS REVIEW

American Idol Top 8 - Season 11
Compilation Album
Since I'm not posting that much in this blog, I decided that I'll also start reviewing the studio recordings of each contestant every week, and I'm gonna start with the top 8. As you all know, the studio versions of their songs are different from their live performances and so, you are gonna see a different ranking in this post. Here we go...

  1. Skylar Laine - Wind Beneath My Wings - Nobody can beat her this week, that's my opinion. She did a really great job delivering her performance, and with this recording, she had me again, and I think it's not only me that she got. I hope we're gonna hear more of her studio recordings.
  2. Colton Dixon - Time After Time - It sounded like his performance, same arrangement, same range, and I still loved it. However, I still see him doing soft rock, or rock songs, and with that, I hope he picks a better song next week.
  3. Hollie Cavanagh - Flashdance... What a Feelin' - Despite of that performance, she had a great studio recording. I think her performance last Wednesday night was good, but this version is way, way much better. One thing I have to tell Hollie, she should start taking on bigger songs that shows us why she is deserving to stay in the competition.
  4. Elise Testone - I Want To Know What Love Is - I loved it. It's a song which was gonna sound karaoke when you sing it, but for her, it seemed so natural, it didn't sound karaoke at all. I hope people are gonna start voting for the voice, and not for the face so that she can stay longer in the competition.
  5. Jessica Sanchez - How Will I Know - Her recording was just a so-so for me, I loved her performance more, because I saw her have fun.
  6. DeAndre Brackensick - I Like It - Just like all his previous songs, I always like the studio versions better. I don't know, but this performance was great, and he wasn't on the top because I still think that the others are better than him.
  7. Joshua Ledet - If You Don't Know Me By Now - I don't want to say anything against this song, but his performance was better. The studio recording was just so-so, but I still like his voice.
  8. Phillip Phillips - That's All - I don't know what I didn't like about it, but it sounded like his first performance from way back. That's All.


Have you listened to their studio recordings for this week? If not, DOWNLOAD THEM HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment