Wednesday, April 4, 2012

AMERICAN IDOL 2012: WHAT THEY SHOULD SING FOR 80'S WEEK

American Idol 2012 Top 8; Credits: americanidol.com;
Edited by Renz Alfonso; Follow me on Twitter @RenzAlfonso
The American Idol 2012 top 8 will be taking on songs from the 80's and will be mentored. Let's hope for a very wonderful show, and let's all hope that they will not be singing boring songs. They will also be mentored by Gwen Stefani and Tony Kanal. Anyways, I'll be suggesting songs for them to sing, so here we go...


  • DeAndre Brackensick - "Open Arms" by Journey/"Africa" by Toto - If he's not gonna sound karaoke when he's singing this song, I will be really amazed with him. For the past weeks, I really viewed this guy as a boring contestant, but hopefully, with this song, my perception about him would change. He can also do Africa, and we'll see how he's gonna take it.
  • Jessica Sanchez - "Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)" by Phil Collins This girl can sing anything, and with her voice, she should take on big songs such as this one. If she would convince the judge with this really hard-to-interpret-song, I will also be convinced that a girl should really win this competition, and that's her. Maybe Alone" by Heart will also work for her.
  • Joshua Ledet "I'll Be There For You" by Bon Jovi I just know he can rock it out with this song. He has to perform a rock song and I think this one will really show what he can do.
  • Skylar Laine - "Like A Prayer" by Madonna This is one of my craziest suggestions this week, but I know she can pull it off. Her voice is country, and if she knows how to put herself in this song, she will do a good job. We'll see, because I'm also not sure which song fits her among all the songs that I've found.
  • Colton Dixon - "Under Pressure" by Queen - This is one of the songs which I find hard to connect with, and if I'll see him connect with this song, I'll say that he is a really great artist. This is more of a dare and not a suggestion, because I want to see him step it up a little more after that Piano Man performance. Speaking of something soft, this guy can also do "Candle in the Wind" by Elton John with a soft rock vibe.
  • Hollie Cavanagh "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar I am daring Hollie to take on this song, but for my suggestion, I'll say "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" by Air Suplply, Why? Because it really fits her, it's a big song, and it would really show her range, and unlike her two previous performances, I think she will really nail this one.
  • Phillip Phillips - "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves You might think this is a dare, but it is really a suggestion. I want to see him have fun on the stage with this song, because that's when he performs best. He is one of the singers with the winning potential, this song may not be perfect, but he can really pull it off with anything.
  • Elise Testone - "I Love Rock 'n Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts We've seen Elise rock it out with her Led Zepellin last week, and now, I want to see her do more of that. She is a great artist, and if she does this song, which is known by almost everyone, she will really shine.
What do you think should they sing? Comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment