Monday, April 9, 2012

AMERICAN IDOL 2012: TOP 7 SUGGESTIONS AND CHALLENGES


American Idol 2012 Top 7; Credits: americanidol.com; Edited by: Renz Alfonso

From the previous weeks, I wasn't really much familiar to the songs they were taking on, but this week, I'm so glad that they decided to let the contestants sing songs from this decade, which means, we'll be hearing current songs, and not the oldies. Now, I'll give one suggestion song and one challenge song per contestant this week, with all the enthusiasm in the world, because I think this is one of the best themes ever! And I hope the show will be successful... How? By picking the right songs.

Elise Testone
SUGGESTION: The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga - I know, I know, this song was already sang by Erika Van Pelt for the wildcard rounds, but there's nothing wrong with repeating a song. I think the song fits her voice, and I think she can connect with it because she is really on the edge now, and she has to take America with her so that they'll vote for her.
CHALLENGE: Take Care by Drake ft. Rihanna - It's a current song, and people are gonna be comparing, but with Elise's voice, the song is just right. It's a new song, and it's gonna make people vote for her, especially if she can really do a great job performing and connecting with the song.

Jessica Sanchez
SUGGESTION: Impossible by Shontelle - I know it's a slow song, but I know she's gonna be great with it. The song has something in it that would definitely make Jessica take America. It's gonna show her range, and it's also gonna show us that this girl can really sing anything, and she can do anything. The song is just perfect for her voice.
CHALLENGE: We Found Love by Rihanna - This is the first song that went on my mind whenever I hear challenge . I think Jessica can sing it, and she can have fun, however, she needs all the effort to interpret the song on stage, like she found love on the competition, because she loves what she is doing.

Colton Dixon
SUGGESTION: We Are Young by Fun ft. Janelle Monae - I think this is one of the songs where I'll really hear Colton sing. With the lyrics, and the melody, he's gonna make everyone sing with him. It's a hard song, but I know he can still nail it. That's all I can say about the song.
CHALLENGE: Rolling in the Deep by Adele - I've been hearing a lot of male covers on this song, and this guy is one of those people who has the voice to sing this song. I challenge him to take on this so that he can show everyone that he's not only isolated in one genre, but he can also do a song which is out of his line.

Phillip Phillips
SUGGESTION: Dynamite by Taio Cruz - Yes, this is definitely a suggestion for Phillip Phillips, Jr. Why? He has to start stepping it up, and quit doing the same recycled material every week. I said this before, and I'm going to say it again, he is one of the people who has winning potentials but with what he's doing from week to week, that is starting to fade. We don't want America saying "He only won because they lovew his face." in the future.
CHALLENGE: Any song by Bruno Mars - Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna give this guy a hard time because I want him to really convince everyone. I've seen posts, and comments that says Phillip is always doing the same thing everyweek, and so, with songs by Bruno Mars, he can do something different.

Joshua Ledet
SUGGESTION: Without You by David Guetta ft. Usher - We're all gonna love it! That's what I know! I think he has the voice, and I think he's gonna do another outstanding performance if he's going to sing this song. He's one of the people who's in danger if they won't do a good job this week, so, Joshua, sing this song!
CHALLENGE: Forget You by Cee Lo Green - It's gonna sound karaoke if you sing it, and that is the challenge for Joshua Ledet, interpret this song, and make it your own.

Hollie Cavanagh
SUGGESTION: Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars - It's a new song, and that would be great for Hollie. It's soft, but it will show her range, and I think she's gonna do agreat job with it because she'll be able to relax with the song. I think she deserves to stay longer in the competiion, too, and America has to see and hear that.
CHALLENGE: Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down by Alicia Keys - It's a song which is hard to interpret if you never lived in New York, and I am challenging Hollie to take on this song because I know it would be a redemption for her. At first, I thought that it's gonna be all over the place if she sings this, but after being in the bottom thre twice, I think Hollie has her own way of changing her stand in the competition.

Skylar Laine
SUGGESTION: If I Die Young by The Band Perry - Lauren Alaina sang this last week, and she did a really great job. She has a voice similar to Lauren Alaina, and maybe doing this song would also be an advanatage for her because it is country.
CHALLENGE: Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson - We are going to love it if she's gonna perform this song. As we all observed, she can sing anything. This is a challenge song because it was recorded by Kelly Clarkson, and people, maybe even the judges, are gonna compare their performances, whether it was better, equal, or a complete murder.

It's gonna be a hard week, because the songs are current. They have to nail it, and make America vote for them.
What do you think should the top 7 sing? Comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment