Saturday, May 21, 2011

AMERICAN IDOL 2011 TOP 2: LAUREN ALAINA PERFORMANCES REVIEW

I'll be ranking the songs performed by the top 2 since the Top 13, and I have a feeling that one of the top three songs will be one of their songs for the finale on Tuesday. This review is for Lauren, and the ranking of each of her performances.

REVIEW BY RANK:
  1. "Anyway" (Top 4 "Inspirational Songs") - this was Lauren's best performance from the top 13 to the top 2. I really felt it because her singing came from something, the destruction on her hometown.
  2. "Candle in the Wind" (Top 11 redux "Elton John") - this song really redeemed her in the competition after all of the performances she had since the Top 24. This is a big hit, not only to the judges, but also to her fans, and to some of the people who aren't really her fans.
  3. "Flat on the Floor" (Top 5 "Songs from Now") - I love Country, I love Carrie Underwood, and I love Lauren Alaina. That is one of the success why I fell in love with this song, and the way she took it really hit me.
  4. "If I Die Young" (Top 3 "Jimmy Iovine's Choice") - this was actually in my top three, but since she just sang it, I guess she won't be singing it again. I love the song, and the lyrics and vocals of the song match Lauren.
  5. "Any Man of Mine" (Top 13 "Their Personal Idol") - the judges didn't love this performance, but I did. She has to do this song in the finale, and take it in a different way, where the judges will be impressed.
  6. "Trouble" (Top 4 "Leiber and Stoller") - she took on a really big risk, and I really loved how she took on the song. She doesn't want America to think that she's evil, and they didn't, but she really did a good implementation of acting in the song.
  7. "The Climb" (Top 8 "Songs from Movies") - I agree with Iovine, her version was much better than Miley Cyrus'.
  8. "Bron to Fly" (Top 7 "21st Century") - I disagree with everyone who said that she pulled back with this song, she's a country artist, and she's just sticking with her genre just like what Scotty is doing.
  9. "I Hope You Dance" (Top 3 "Judges' Choice") - great job for Jennifer Lopez. The way she sung the song was really awesome, and she connected with the audience.
  10. "Unchained Melody" (Top 5 "Songs from Then") - this trended on Twitter after her performance. The song is old, but the way she sung it make it modern.
  11. "(You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman" (Top 9 "Rock and Roll HAll of Fame") - we see how mature Lauren is on this song, and how brave enough is she to take on a really hard song.
  12. "Where You Lead" (Top 6 "Carole King") - the part of the competition where I really fell in love with Lauren and her voice, week after week, I've really seen her grow, and this song also brought her back to the competition.
  13. "You Keep Me Hangin' On" (Top 11 "Motown") - the beat of the song really made me feel like moving. This also showed us that Lauren really has powerful vocals.
  14. "I'm the Only One" (Top 12 "Year they were Born") - this is one of the performances where I didn't quite see Lauren shine, but she also did a good job with this one.
  15. "Wild One" (Top 3 "Contestant's Choice") - I never thought Lauren would choose a song like this, she has really good vocals, but the performance was boring.
WHICH SONG SHOULD LAUREN SING FOR THE FINALE? Tweet me @RenzAlfonso or Leave a Comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment