Wednesday, May 4, 2011

AMERICAN IDOL 2011 TOP 5: REVIEW


The saved contestant was eliminated again last week, who would it be this week? I hope it's not Lauren.

Of course, this review will be based on my opinions, and though I put Scotty in the Bottom 2, he will surely be safe.

I thought the NOW songs will be fun, but they aren't really. I thought the THEN songs will be boring, but it turns out the songs from the 60's are the best part of the performance show.

SONGS FROM NOW:
REVIEW BY RANK:
  1. Lauren Alaina - "Flat on The Floor" - all the performances were boring, hers really woke me up from my sleep. The reasons may be because I love Carrie Underwood or simply, I just love her. The judges also loved her performance, and that long haired guy who plays the violinist joins her on the stage again. Just sayin'.
  2. James Durbin - "Closer to the Edge" - he had an average performance for me, average, interesting, inviting, but it was kind of a little cheesy.
  3. Scotty McCreery - "Gone" - average, not risky, but inviting. This guy will definitely survive the competition.
  4. Jacob Lusk - "No Air" - good song choice, not boring, but not inviting. It's just a matter of picking a good song, doing your best to sing it beautifully, and making people want to have more. He didn't do that this time.
  5. Haley Reinhart - "You and I" - I always said she could go with Lady Gaga, but I'm talkin' about Gaga's songs which reached the charts, not this one. Good song choice for her voice, but Gaga's version was way much better.

SONGS FROM THEN:
REVIEW BY RANK:
  1. Haley Reinhart - "House of the Rising Sun" - Haley was never on the top of my rankings list, but she really hit it this time. I love the song choice, I love the way she sung it, and I love how she made me want to listen to her voice.
  2. Lauren Alaina - "Unchained Melody" - the song trended on twitter after her performance, she did really awesome, and I know that she is now really in it to win it.
  3. James Durbin - "Without You" - I love how he put his emotions to the song. He was always on my top three, and I think he has the biggest chance to make it to the finals.
  4. Scotty McCreery - "Always On My Mind" - average performance, nothing more.
  5. Jacob Lusk - "Love Hurts" - he did it also average, but it is really a great song choice.
OVERALL RANKING:
MY TOP THREE:
  1. Lauren Alaina - she's definitely going to make it to the top 4, with both of her performances being loved by the judges and by the audience, I have no doubts, she would make it.
  2. Haley Reinhart - this is actually her first time to be in my top three. I think she's also showing America how great she is.
  3. James Durbin - as I just said, he has the biggest chances to make it to the finale.
BOTTOM TWO: I think they will be put to safety in random order again, and I definitely think that Scotty McCreery will be at the top, but I didn't think he did enough to invite me with his average performances.

POSSIBLY GOING HOME: Jacob Lusk - I really want Jacob to stay, but his performances didn't do anything good for him to be in the top 4. I just hope America change their mind about him, and give him a chance to prove more of his talent.

THE RESULTS TOMORROW:
Jennifer Lopez
will be performing, Lady Antebellum will also be performing.

WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE? WHO WILL MAKE IT TO THE TOP 4? Please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment