Wednesday, May 18, 2011

AMERICAN IDOL 2011 TOP 3: REVIEW

Three songs tonight, I never thought that the show would last for two hours with only nine songs performed. The top three has three songs to sing, one is the personal choice, the other is Iovine's choice, and the last one will be chosen by one of the judges.

ROUND 1 Contestant's Choice.
Best: Haley Reinhart - unanimous REVIEW BY RANK:
  1. Scotty McCreery - "Amazed" by Lonestar - this was his nest performance of the season for me... I think he will be in the finale, and now I see why he's still in the competition. There is real talent within him.
  2. Haley Reinhart - "What Is and What Should Never Be" by Led Zeppelin - she did a good job, but I like Scotty's performance better. I'm sometimes annoyed by her voice.
  3. Lauren Alaina - "Wild One" by Faith Hill - there are some parts of the song which I didn't really like, maybe she would be better with "Independence Day" by Martina McBride. I would love to see Lauren on the finale though.

ROUND 2 Iovine's Choice
BEST: Scotty McCreery - JLo and Randy; Steven's vote goes to Lauren
REVIEW BY RANK:
  1. Lauren Alaina -"If I die Young" by The Band Perry - the song really touched me. I agree with Steven that round 2 ges to Lauren Alaina. She's young, and she already have that in her. Also an awesome song choice by Jimmy Iovine there.
  2. Scotty McCreery - "Are You Gonn Kiss Me or Not" by Thompson Square - this is another good performance from Scotty. I think he is really in it to win it now, and I take back everything I said, Scotty is deserving to be in the top three.
  3. Haley Reinhart - "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac - I love this song, but when Haley sang it boringly, and I felt that with her little sleepy voice at the start of the song, and she's sometimes losing her voice, so I think Didi's version is still better. The Upbeat part saved the performance.

ROUND 3 Judges' Choice
BEST: Lauren Alaina - JLo and Randy voted for her; Steven voted for Haley.
REVIEW BY RANK:
  1. Lauren Alaina - "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack - I love this song, and I love her. Her take on the song was really amazing, and I think she will be able to go on. She's going to grow, and she will be more awesome.
  2. Scotty McCreery - "She Believes in Me" by Kenny Rogers - the last performance of the night for Scotty. His performances were all great, I have nothing more to say about him.
  3. Haley Reinhart - "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morisette - (All the things I'll be saying will be based on my opinion, I didn't mean to offend anyone) Randy did a complet sabotage. This is one of Haley's worst performance for this season. I preferred Haley in the finale more than Scotty, but now, with two performances in the bottom of my list, I think it's Scotty.
OVERALL:
  • Lauren Alaina - she did an awesome job, and I can see her grow in the show. She's young, that's why she can't really take much of the criticism, but she will learn, and I know that she is deserving to stay in the competition.
  • Scotty McCreery - the little girl/mothers/chick-magnet of the show. I definitely think he will survive the elimination tomorrow because of all the fans that he made during the show.
POSSIBLY GOING HOME: Haley Reinhart, two performances gone wrong. Her voice is really flat, and I don't see people buying her album after she wins the show. I want to see her in the finale performing with the eliminated contestants, and I hope that none of her fans, or anyone will take this as a big deal.

THE RESULTS TOMORROW:
Nicole Scheringer
will perform "Right There" and the music video premier of Beyoncé's "Run The World (Girls)".

WHO WAS THE BEST OF THE NIGHT? WHO WILL BE IN THE FINALE? Leave a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment