Sunday, May 1, 2011

AMERICAN IDOL 2011 TOP 5: SUGGESTIONS FOR "SONGS FROM NOW AND THEN"

The top 5 finalists will be taking on songs from Now and Then. One current, and one from the 60's. The songs chosen for the "NOW" category were from the current Billboard Hot 100 list, so I'm sure they will be really current, if they're not on that list, they're on other charts.

  • Scotty McCreery
    One of the three eople who were never in the bottom three, and I think it will go on. He has an amazing talent, and I think is starting to really feel the competition last week when he transformed boredom to fun.
    NOW: For the current song, he should do something which isn't boring. Not Like "Swingin'"... I think he should do "Without You" by Keith Urban. It's soft, but not boring. If he wants to do an upbeat song, he could go with "Country Girl (Shake It For Me)" by Luke Bryan because this is definitely a country music, though it's not a risk for him.
    THEN: He would make a hit with "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King. I think he did great on Carole King week, and I hope he will do good this week if he doesn't want to be one of the people on the "Shocking Eliminations" list.
  • Lauren Alaina
    She is getting stronger and stronger every week, she digested all of those criticism, and now she is in it to win it... She was never in the bottom three.
    NOW: Lauren could absolutely go with "Firework" by Katy Perry. It's still current, and I think it suits her voice so much that she would be the best performer of the night.
    THEN: I'm thinking of "The House of the Rising Sun" by the Animals for her, I think she would do a good job if ever she finds herself into this. She would also definitely rock if she could sing "Come Togeter" because she also has a voice for ROCK.
  • James Durbin
    Another person who was never in the bottom three this season. I think he already got America, and I think this will go on until the finale.
    NOW: I wanna see James doing some rock song this week. Maybe "Adolescents"
    by Incubus, but I don't know if Idol has the rights to this song.
    THEN: I see James Durbin doing "Satisfaction" or "Paint It Black" by The Rolling Stones and will be leaving a huge impact to everyone.
  • Haley Reinhart
    She's a good singer, but she has to do even better to stay in the competition. She is one of the contestants I don't see in the finale since the Top 24, until now.
    NOW: Haley Reinhart could do "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga, if it's allowed, because Gaga will be performing on the results night. Another song I had in mind for her would be "Price Tag" by Jessie J, though I don't really see her making this kind of record, she could still try.
    THEN: She could sing the first ever "Leaving on a Jetplane" by Peter, Paul and Mary which was released in the 1969. I think she would survive if she ever do this.
  • Jacob Lusk
    I don't know what is happening with America, but I think this guy is doing good in performing every song he picks. I just hope there's no racial criticism happening, because he's really good.
    NOW: "Forget You" by Cee Lo Green. This is an upbeat song, and I think he would do good. He has to save himself from elimination.
    THEN: "Hey Jude" by The Beatles. This is a song that always get the hearts of people, maybe he could also survive if he do this song.


5 Contestants left? Who will make it to the finale? What do you think should they sing? Please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment