Sunday, May 22, 2011

AMERICAN IDOL 2011 TOP 2: SCOTTY MCCREERY PERFORMANCES REVIEW

I'll be ranking the songs performed by the top 2 since the Top 13, and I have a feeling that one of the top three songs will be one of their songs for the finale on Tuesday. This review is for Scotty, and the ranking of each of his performances.

REVIEW BY RANK:
  1. "You've Got A Friend" (Top 6 "Carole King") - this is Scotty's best performance for me. It wasn't boring, unlike some of his other performances.
  2. "Amazed" (Top 3 "Contestant's Choice") - he sung this during the first round of the top three performance night, and for me, he was better than Haley in his performance.
  3. "The River" (Top 13 "Their Personal Idols") - this is a good performance which followed "Letters from Home". I like how he takes on folkish country songs. I also loved the lyrics of the song, which match his deep country voice reaching for his dreams.
  4. "Gone" (Top 5 "Songs from Now") - this song was upbeat, and because Scotty is always doing the slow, sleepy, boring songs, I really liked him in this performance which is one of the only few upbeat performances he had on the show.
  5. "Can I Trust You With My Heart" (Top 12 "Year They Were Born") - this is a soft country song, and I wasn't bored. He did connect with the audience on this song, and that is one thing in the music industry.
  6. "Always On My Mind" (Top 5 "Songs from Then") - the emotion and connection he put in the song really got me. This was the part of the competition where I knew that he would be in the finale.
  7. "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not" (Top 3 "Iovine's Choice") - the judges loved his performance, and I did. This is one of the songs where I really saw his personality.
  8. "She Believes in Me" (Top 3 "Judges' Choice") - awesome performance. He's really in it to win it after his performance, and I already knew he would be in the top 2 with one of the girls.
  9. "Country Comfort" (Top 11 redux "Elton John") - what Elton John could Scotty sing? He thought he was on risk again after he found out that they will be doing Elton, until he found this song, and really did a good job with it.
  10. "Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning)" (Top 4 "Inspirational Songs") - the song did inspire me, though I really believe that it's just an average performance.
  11. "That's All Right" (Top 9 "Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame") - also an average performance for me, but I love the song, and his take in it.
  12. "I Crossed My Heart" (Top 8 "Songs from Movies") -another average performance, I didn't like it, and I didn't hate it. I just want him to take on risks during those times.
  13. "For Once In My Life" (Top 11 "Motown") - he was at risk, but he put a twist on the song, so he wasn't. The judges liked it, but I kind of didn't. Maybe if he did something else which is not country-ish, I would have liked his performance.
  14. "Young Blood" (Top 4 "Leiber and Stoller") - I don't get the song, and I don't get his take on it. That's all.
  15. "Swingin'" (Top 7 "21st Century") - worst among my bottom three songs of McCreery. This is another performance I really didn't get, and I don't think he was taking on risks during his performance. I thought he was going to sing something more like Brad Paisley, or maybe "Country Girl (Shake it For Me)".
WHICH SONG SHOULD SCOTTY SING FOR THE FINALE? Tweet me @RenzAlfonso or Leave a Comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment